Friday, August 15, 2008

The Park


Mark and I discovered Hermann Park last week. It's only a couple of miles from our house, and it's HUGE - how did we not go there before now? Anyway, it's beautiful, with fountains, playgrounds, a golf course, and an outdoor theater. We had made a little picnic basket to take with us, and we enjoyed our plums, crackers, and cheese while we watched a free production of Julius Caesar. It was awesome! Come to find out, they have free productions every week.

After further investigation into the park, we found lots of stuff to occupy our time. We can visit the zoo, take a paddle boat on the lake, look for statues, walk around the gardens, and take a peek inside the butterfly conservatory. I think we will take to spending our nice cool evenings at Hermann Park. What a cool place!

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Holy cow, I'm so jealous! I wish we had a place like that in AZ. Luckies!

amb said...

That sounds awesome...pretty sure there is nothing even remotely close to that out here in this neck of the woods!...though they do have those free summer concerts in the park that can sometimes be good. Actually, in the next two weeks they have Petey B and Ryan Shupe...I am definitely going!!

Lacey Sue said...

The park sounds AMAZING!! Why oh why couldn't that be here for me and my fam?!?!?! I think you and Mark are lucky to have something so wonderful close to you!! ENJOY IT!! For me too!!