Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yee Haw!

As soon as we moved to Houston we started hearing about The Rodeo. It is THE social event of the year in Texas and includes not only the traditional "rodeo stuff" but also cook-offs and concerts. Mark bought tickets to the opening day of the rodeo and gave them to me for Valentine's day. We went with the Webbs, who are seasoned Rodeo attenders, so they could show us what the rodeo in Houston is all about. With all my morning/all-day sickness, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy everything, but baby calmed down and let me have some fun. Yay!

The first thing we hit up was the food, of course! They had everything
from Turkey Legs to Ginormous Burritos. Yum! (The lady who took
our picture was nice, but obviously couldn't hold the camera still...)

We learned how to hold a lasso and rope a cow. Doesn't
Mark look great in a cowboy hat?

Mark also rode a bull and I raced Sister Webb down the Goliath Slide. You can see the videos below. We wound up the night with the Rodeo (calf roping, steer wrestling, bull riding, etc.) and Rascall Flatts in concert. We give the Houston Rodeo 5 stars!

5 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I can't remember if I knew you guys were expecting or not... Anyway, congratulations!

Stacy said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

Abel and Abby said...

This is good news!!! I didn't notice at first and then I was going to the top of the page and there it was. The preg. counterdowner! We are super excited for you two. Good Job!!

Charlotte and Matt said...

I went to the rodeo too...pretty fun! We really do need to get together soon. Matt said that he talked to Mark about this coming weekend. Would that work for you guys?

Kandis & Derek said...

Wow I feel better now reading these comments-I thought I had missed it forever ago or something! CONGRATS!!! Yay a home and a baby to love, so excited for you guys. You'll be the cutest parents on the block forsure! Miss you!