Friday, February 25, 2011

The Big Easy

Our first weekend in Louisiana, we decided to take a trip to the Big Easy.  Home of my favorites, Louis Armstrong and Harry Connick Jr.  And getting there was NOT easy.  We were stuck in horrible traffic on a two-lane causeway.  But we finally made it!  We maneuvered our way into the French Quarter (think tiny one-way streets with cars parked on both sides.  Eeeek!) and had ourselves a great time.  We sat and watched a street performance of some great breakdancers.  We got pralines.  We almost got bignets, but the line was 2 blocks long.  We'll go back for them another time.  We heard jazz bands.  We saw more fortune tellers in one place than I have ever seen in my life.  We took a carriage ride.  We saw the famous Bourbon Street.  We ate yummy Cajun food at the cutest little restraunt ever.  I think we'll be going back for more adventures to the Big Easy.

In front of a Jazz Band

With a mime.  Brielle wasn't sure about him.

On our carriage ride

After our yummy dinner.  The building across the street was "Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co."  (no, we did not eat there, but I'm all for going back to try it out).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a good time! When you can get a night for just you and Mark, go on a haunted tour around the city. It is really interesting.

Lacey Sue said...

LOVE Cajun!!! I am SO jealous of you!!!!! Enjoy some bignets for me!!!!!!

Des said...

i'm not sure about that mime either...