Dear Brielle,
It's hard to believe that 2 years have flown by since you came to our family. Daddy and I are so happy that you were born to us. You have been such a delight to us as you continue to grow and learn. You are so smart! You know all of your letters and their sounds. You LOVE to sing. You know all the words to "I Am a Child of God", "Home On the Range", "Popcorn Popping", "Daddy's Homecoming", "The ABC song", and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." Those are the ones you walk around singing all day long. You have a CD of childrens' songs that we keep in the car. You like me to play it non-stop. You really appreciate music.
Just the other day, we went to the zoo. Of course, you wanted me to play your CD on the way. A pretty lullabye song came on. As soon as it ended, you wanted me to play it again. And again. Pretty soon, you were sobbing. I wondered what was wrong, and I asked you, but you just kept crying. As soon as the song ended, you sniffed and said "Again." I played the song again, and soon you were crying again! I guess the song was so beautiful to you, you were moved to tears! You are such a sweetheart. You are quick to apologize when you have done something wrong. You are quick to help others that you see need help. You love to help me do the laundry, and insist on putting the clothes in the dryer by yourself.
You are our little tease. You love to play games, and tease Momma and Daddy. We love to play games with you too. Daddy has been teaching you to play football, and now whenever you have a ball in your hadn you scream, "Blue Forty-two! Set, Set..... Yah!!!!" It always makes me laugh. My favorite times are when you snuggle up to me with your seek-and-find books and we look for the pictures together. Sometimes we sit for a long time. You also like to play "matches." You love looking for the pictures that go together. You like to learn with your hands!
This year for your birthday, you wanted to have a Mickey Mouse birthday. And you told me "I want Daddy make my cake." When I asked if I could make it, you said, "No. Daddy do it." And you stuck by that wish. So, Daddy made your cake (but Momma decorated it). You like Mickey Mouse, Veggie Tales, Strawberry Shortcake (occasionally), Sesame Street (ELMO!), and your LOVE (with capital letters) Curious George. We get lots of Curious George books and dvds from the library.
Daddy and I are so happy that you are our little girl. You are so happy and fun-loving. You have a determined little spirit that rarely admits defeat. It is a characteristic that will serve you well as you get older, and I am so glad you have it. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father sent you to me. I love you so much!
Love,
Momma
Utah 2017, part 3
9 years ago
1 comment:
Oh I love this post! It's amazing to see how Brielle has grown in her little thought-processes! Darling. Miss y'all.
Post a Comment