Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Salsa Time

When we got home from our Utah trip, we went directly to the garden to see how our tomatoes had fared in our absence.  They had exploded!  We had buckets and buckets of tomatoes.  Ok, we were using little buckets.  But they did fill our whole kitchen sink:

 
Time to make salsa!  We don't have canning equipment and we tend to go through salsa pretty quickly, so we make freezer salsa.  Our batch from last year was pretty good, but I wanted something better.  So we used this recipe that I found online, added corn and black beans, and we LOVE it.  I highly recommend.  We now have a freezer full of salsa, so if you are ever in need, stop on by!

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

Yay you have salsa! Great job! Wish you were closer and I'd come steal some ;) Miss you and your little sweetheart.