Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Introducing...

Emrie Jayne Herbst
 
 
 
Emrie was scheduled to arrive on September 21 by c-section, but she decided to take matters into her own hands on Monday, September 17.  I started having contractions around 4 a.m.  By 9:30, we were on our way to the hospital.  My mom was scheduled to fly in on Monday night, so we had a family friend take Brielle for the day.  We got in the operating room for my c-section at 1:30, and at 1:59, Emrie Jayne was born.  She weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz and was 20 inches long.
 
This c-section was much less scary than the one I had with Brielle.  I knew more what to expect, and the pain of recovery hasn't been as bad.  Yay!  Brielle LOVES her new baby sister.  Her favorite activity is holding the baby.  Whenever Emrie cries, Brielle is right there, wanting to know "What's wrong wif her?"  She loves to try and get Emrie to take her binky, which Emrie hates (the binky, I mean).

Brielle with her new baby sister in the hospital

First Family Photo

Brielle loves her baby!
 

6 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Congratulations! I love her name!

Meag said...

I love the pictures & video! Brielle is so sweet with her little sis, I just love it :)

The Rowes said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family!

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations! It looks like Brielle is going to be such a good big sister.

Casi said...

She's so beautiful! I love the video of your two beautiful girls together! Congrats you guys!

A Wink and a Smile said...

Congratulations!!! she is beautiful! i had a c-section with my first, and i'm trying to decide if i want to have another with my second. i'm due in april. i saw on facebook you're not feeling too hot. i'll keep you in my prayers!