
Mark and I decided to use this time while we are free-wheeling and not tied down by much to have a 4th of July to be remembered. So, with our friends Matt and Charlotte, we struck out for San Antonio to enjoy our nation's birthday.
When we arrived in San Antonio, we stopped at the famous River Walk and took a stroll. We found a Mexican restaurant with yummy-looking food and decided to stop for a bite. Our eyes didn't deceive us. The food was good. I ordered some chicken flautas, and was doing them justice until I took a big bite of pico de gallo. Only one other time in my life have I taken a bite of something so spicy - when my roommate Joannah made navajo tacos for our apartment. My mouth was on fire! I couldn't get enough to drink. I tried to choke down some more ofthe flautas and refried beans, hoping to sooth my scorched tongue, but to no avail. I had received a taste of some good, old-fashioned Mexican spices. My mouth finally cooled off about the time I went to bed 2 hours later.
The morning of the 4th was gorgeous and sunny. We put on our swimming suits and headed for Schlitterbahn, Texas' famous water park. The park is about the size of Disneyland, with wave pools and water slides galore. We played all day in the water. That evening, we found a little park and watched the fireworks.

The next day we hit up Six Flags. The Six Flags in San Antonio boasts to have more roller coasters than any other amusement park. We rode them all until we were sick. Then we headed downtown to see the Alamo. Since the Del Sol San Antonio is across the street from the Alamo, we went inside and met John, the owner. I was the account manager for the San Antonio store while I worked for Del Sol, so it was nice to be able to put a face with the voice I had talked to for so many months.

We came home tired and happy. This 4th of July differed from so many of years past when we have been with our families, but we had a good celebration. Happy 4th of July!!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great 4th! You two look so happy together! It is different being away from family on holidays, but it's kind of nice in it's own way.
Hey Kyra! You two look like you are having so much fun! I am very jealous! Also... some of us at Del Sol wanted to ask you if the storm was close to where you are at? From what i read it sounded like it was right where you are. Let us know if you are ok!
Who's your photographer??? What a great shot!!! ha ha!
Post a Comment