Friday, July 18, 2008

Reflections On My Birthday

Another year, another birthday, and I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20. The official birthday count is 26. And I must say, being 26 feels pretty good! Since I turned 25, I found the man of my dreams, changed jobs, moved twice, and became a stay-at-home wife (just until I find a job I want).

Mark stayed home from work and, in honor of my birthday, and we slept in. We went to lunch and then to see Mama Mia, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Exxon had a night at the baseball game for all of their new employees that night, so we went. We watched the Astros beat the Cubs (Mark was pretty upset about that) and stuck around to watch the fireworks that are set off every Friday night after the game.

When we got home, I checked my facebook account, and there were so many Happy Birthday messages from all of my great friends. Thanks, guys! I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for. It's funny how people pass in and out of your life, and sometimes I wonder if I'm the kind of friend people want to keep in touch with through the years. All my messages sure made me feel remembered and loved. Thanks for the phone calls, texts, emails, and messages. Keep them coming, and I'll try to keep in better touch too.

No comments: