
Mark and I started a new Easter tradition this year. We bought a couple of planter boxes, some dirt, and decided that each year we are going to plant something for Easter as a symbol of life and re-birth. Kind of a unique way to remember the spiritual signifigance of Easter. This year we planted green beans, tomatoes, and basil. We were worried that the tomatoes wouldn't come up (neither of us has had luck with raising tomatoes from seed before), but within 2 weeks, all of our plants were poking up through the dirt. It's so fun and fulfilling to be growing something. Our favorite, though, is the beans. They have grown so fast!! Every morning we go out to check them, and I swear they've grown 6 inches each night. It must be that miracle grow dirt that Mark bought. I think it will be safe to say that we will have plenty of beans to eat this summer!
2 comments:
Fun idea!
So I finally remembered to add your blog to my google reader...
I think your garden looks great--way to be for getting it going so quick after a move. I definitely am waiting til next year :). But I like that Easter tradition, your kids will love it. Good idea.
Post a Comment