Thursday, April 23, 2009

We Need Your Input!

We are trying to makea very important decision. Where should we go on our vacation? The choices are pretty much narrowed down to Holland and Mexico. Let me lay out the pros and cons of each.

Holland
PROS
- Cool weather
- Pretty cheap flights
- We can stay with my friend Mathea, so we don't have to worry about hotel
- We get to have a new adventure in a place we have never been
- Did I mention the awesome sight-seeing we would get to do?

CONS
- A 10 hour flight. I don't know how well my pregnant body would handle that. But it might be fine
- Foreign country = foreign foods, foreign smells... Also not sure how my pregnant body would handle that.

Mexico
PROS
- Beach, pool, RELAXING. Need I say more?
- We've been there before, so we know what to expect with food, culture, etc.
- It would be the perfect chance to work on our tans
- Shorter flight

CONS
- With the price of hotel in the mix, it is a slightly more expensive vacation

I guess our dilemma is basically this: Should we take an adventurous vacation or a relaxing one? This is our last fling before the baby comes, so we want to make it a memorable one. What is your vote?


14 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

MEXICO!

Jalei & Lane said...

Holland for sure! How lucky you are to have the opportunity to go somewhere you'll probably never go again & get a free place to stay. Like you said, you've been to Mexico & it will always be very easy to go there.

Amber said...

I'm gonna say Holland. It would be harder to have an out-of-womb child on a 10 hour flight than an in-womb child who might make you feel sick. Just schedule in naps every day so you don't overdo it...and the free place to stay is pretty awesome...
While I do love the beach (and tans), you can do both of those activities closer to home (ok, galveston does NOT come close to puerto vallarta, but it's still sand and waves right :) )

Anonymous said...

Holland!

Jamie & Andy said...

I've got to say Holland- but for very different reasons. From what I've heard, a lot of places in Mexico are pretty dangerous right now. A lot of people have canceled trips.
Have a happy babymoon!

Tyler and Leslie said...

Mexico!

amb said...

Well since I am going to Mexico soon I would have to Mexico!! I can hardly wait to be there in sunny weather. However Holland sounds way fun. Mosly because I've never been there. But being sick the whole time doesn't. Hmmm....guess I'm not much help.

Kendra said...

Holland! Or you should go to Peru with us!

Shay Lee said...

I say Holland. I love my baby girl so much but there are times when running to the store is chaotic let alone going on a trip to a different country!! I tell all my friends who have yet to have babies to do all the adventuring they can before the babies come because you don't want that chance to pass you by. It might not come back around for years.... and years..... So yeah, I totally vote Holland!!!

Chris and Dani said...

I vote for Holland!!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

I say Holland! That would be sooo cool, and it would be much harder to travel somewhere so far away once your little one arrives! I say go for it now!

Kristalyn said...

Holland...but I would check with your doctor first to see what they think about the long flight. If they are ok with it, then go for it! I agree with what everyone else says...it will be way harder when you have a little one to care for...and you could probably bring a child on a vacation to Mexico easier than Holland. Have fun!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Adventure away. There is no way you will be taking a toddler on a 10 hour flight, no matter how much you love them, so play while you have the chance. After the kids come every day will be an adventure and you'll need to relax on vacation, if you can. ;)

Cody said...

Is it too late to vote? Sorry my blogging and computer time have been slacking lately!!! I totally vote Holland!!! Cuz I've been there and it's totally awesome! You are gonna love it!