Monday, June 29, 2009

Being Pregnant

After several requests, I broke down a took some pictures of myself at 26 weeks. When we went to Holland, I was at 19 weeks, and I just looked a little pudgy in all our pictures. It's amazing how much I've grown in 7 weeks! Anyway, here I am before I got pregnant:

Notice how flat my tummy is. Wow - I can't believe I was ever like that! Ok, now here is one at 19 weeks:

Definitely a little pudgy. Do you like how Mark focused the camera right on my belly? Yeah, I did too. And now, here I am at 26 weeks:

Yup, no doubts that I am going to have a baby, eh? Also, in memory of this occasion, I thought I would jot down some thoughts about being pregnant.

I love
- Feeling my baby move. I think we have a future gymnast on our hands. She moves so much! But I never get tired of it. I love feeling her wiggle around in there.
- Mark's excitement when he feels her move. He loves to come up and poke my belly to get the baby to move. Until recently, it's been hard for him to get to feel her move, because as soon as he would put his hand on my belly, she'd stop kicking! We may have a little tease on our hands too...
- Shopping for baby clothes and planning out the baby's room. I spend WAY too much time shopping around, but I sure have fun!
- The attention I get from Mark. He is so sweet to make sure that the baby and I are both ok. Not a day goes by that I don't get a text, email, or phone call asking how we're doing. The back rubs and foot rubs are awesome too.

I don't love
- Being fat. (I know, I'm supposed to.) The perks of working at a clothing store are cute clothes at a discount. Now I don't fit into those cute clothes, and what's the point of buying at a discount if they don't fit? Bah.
- Getting full before I want to. It seems like I always get full before I finish eating what I want.
- The aches and pains. I never knew I had body parts that could hurt like they do. However, the aches and pains do lead to those back and foot rubs that I like!
- Being tired. I feel like I always run out of energy before I run out of work or play.

I crave
- Fruit. Any fruit really, but especially strawberries, peaches, pears, and apples.
- Chocolate. In any way shape or form.
- Tomatoes. I can eat a whole tub of grape or cherry tomatoes by myself.
- Panda. Orange chicken and fried rice. It just does something for me.

I've noticed
- That I sleep better during the day. A nap on the couch is the best. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can lean up against the back of the couch when I sleep.
- I am definitely more warm blooded than before. I used to freeze when I walked into air-conditioned buildings, and now it feels so good!
- I've been going to the pool a LOT. There's nothing like the water to lift that baby weight off my belly. Feels SOOO good!
- My dreams are definitely weirder now. Almost every night I dream that Mark is leaving me. I wake up sobbing. It's just so ridiculous! I also dream that I get in fights with people. So funny, cause I am definitely not a fighter by nature.

5 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

You look so cute, Kyra! It definitely looks like the only place you've gotten bigger is in your belly. I love sleeping on the couch, too--and the pool. I hear ya on the getting bigger part. This morning Matt and I were talking about how much I could reasonably weigh by the end of this...it was depressing! :) Hope you're feeling well! Not too much longer for you!

Lisa Marie said...

You have a very cute prego belly! I didn't like being big with my first baby either. But I actually enjoyed it the second time. Make sure you take lots of belly shots. You'll appreciate them down the road. And it's fun to compare the first pregnancy to the second one.

Kandis & Derek said...

Oh you look cute!

The Rowes said...

We really miss you two in the ward. You are such a cute pregnant lady. I loved you list of things you love, crave and notice. You will look back at the list and smile after your daughter is here. We hope you are all well. Derek is going to scout camp this next week. It should be interesting being a single momma of 3 kids. You two take care!

Stacy said...

Cute prego pics! And I agree about the pool - it's the best when you are pregnant!