Update: After a half a day of pushing the shift lock override button with a screwdriver, my car decided to just fix itself. There haven't been any more problems. Yay! I love when my car decides to fix itself. Maybe it's not so stupid after all. :)Mark and I have taken to calling anything we don't like "STUPID." For example, "STUPID traffic", "STUPID construction", "STUPID yappy dog..." The trick is to say "STUPID" with all the venom you can muster in your voice.
So, today I went out to the car to head for work. I turned the key, and the engine hummed to life. I pushed in the brake, pushed the button on the gear shift to move from "park" to "reverse". Nothing happened. The gear shift was stuck. I jiggled the steering wheel. Nothing. I jiggled the gear shift. Nada. I turned off the car and restarted. Nope. Once again to the steering wheel and gear shift. Not one thing. So I called Mark for more ideas. He had nothing. I called my neighbor for a ride. (Thanks Amber, for being such a good Samaritan!) I was 10 minutes late for work (thankfully no more than that!).
Mark picked me up after my shift was over and we drove home. We looked at the car again. Mark started the car. Once again, it hummed to life. He tried to shift it into reverse. Nothing. He jiggled the steering wheel and the gear shift. Nada. We tried to remove the cover for the shift lock override. 2 screwdrivers and a key later, it still won't budge. STUPID car!!!
1 comment:
That stinks Kyra! Although, I got a chuckle out of your post!! I can relate to calling everything stupid! In fact... I think I've passed the tradition on to my kiddos! Congratulations on the baby girl! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment