Friday, July 31, 2009

Frustrations!


I'm one of those people that random weird things seem to happen to that would never happen to anybody else. I went quite a while without anything too random happening, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised that this week was chuck-full of them.

To begin with, I needed to have my car inspected. However, the "check engine" light was flashing on and off, so we decided to have it looked at. At first, it was only the spark plugs that needed to be changed. No big deal. Then our mechanic called Mark and said, "Well, I looked at the 2nd cylinder, which was causing the check engine light to flash on, and it looks like you have a cracked cylinder head." Well, those don't come cheap. Bah! I started crying, "I can't afford this! I'm having a baby!" But baby or no, the car has to be fixed. I told Mark that if our car were a dog, I'd give it away.

We had ordered our baby furniture from Baby's R Us, and it came in sooner than expected. Yay! I was so excited to get it put together. When we opened the dresser box, we found the whole right side of the dresser smashed. No biggie, we'll just take it back and order another one. We went back to Babies R Us, explained the problem, and the manager took us to the computer to order another one. Then she says, "Oh no. We don't have any more in the warehouse. The set you bought has been discontinued, so we're not getting any more in." WHAT????? You could have knocked me over with a feather. I think I said something really intelligent like, "But you HAVE to get more in! I need that dresser!" Once again, I burst into tears. (Why is it that pregnant women just cry so easily?) Luckily, they had a floor model in pretty good condition that they were willing to sell to us at a great discount.

We are also the proud owners of a new mattress. Yay! We found a great deal on a mattress for our new bed, and I ordered a mattress protector for it right away. We came home the other evening to find a package on our doorstep. The mattress protector! I picked up the package - which had been ripped to SHREDS! It looked like it had been run over several times or caught in a conveyor belt. The packaging was ripped, the plastic cover for the mattress protector was ripped, and the mattress protector was in shreds, with a huge black grease spot all around the rip. I am proud to say that I did NOT start crying this time (Mark is the one who got upset!). We were on the phone with UPS immediately, and thankfully we got the problem resolved without any hassle at all.

Thankfully, we are on a new week. Let's hope it's more quiet than last week. My pregnant little brain can't handle any more!

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Wow, that's crazy! You should be able to go at least a few weeks without anything else like that happening again. I'm afraid to say things like that don't happen to me because when you do, they all of the sudden start happening. So... hopefully I didn't just curse myself.

Fernando said...

Where did you get a new mattress at?