Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rise and Shout, the Cougars are Out!

One of our favorite things about fall:
BYU FOOTBALL!!!!!

Photobucket

We love the anticipation of the game. The donning of blue, white, and khaki. The masses of tailgating fans. The chill in the air (thank heavens for air conditioned Texas stadiums!). The rollercoaster ride of emotions as the score flops back and forth. Singing the fight song at the top of our lungs. Analizing every play after the game.

That's what we wanted when we drove up to Dallas this weekend to the BYU/OU game with Mark's family. We weren't disappointed. I've never been to any game quite this exciting! The stadium was jam packed - over 75,000 screaming fans. Most of them were cheering for OU. But what our small BYU section lacked in numbers, we made up for in spirit! We screamed ourselves hoarse, jumped up and down over our touchdowns, and hugged each other when the game was won. It was a sweet victory!


The Fam
The Fam - Brian, Rachelle, Kyra, Mark, Spencer, and Paul

Up at the very top
Nothing like seats at the very top!

Our view
Our view of the field. Thank goodness for that JUMBO screen!

Look at that sea of red!
Look at that sea of "Crimson and Cream"

Relaying news of the victory
Making a Victory Phone Call to the fam


The Field
Proud to wear the BYU Blue!!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

It was a good game to watch on TV. I bet it was ten times better in person! Glad you could go!

Jalei & Lane said...

I'm so jealous yall got to check out the new Cowboys stadium! The game was pretty exciting too!

Asherbie said...

AHH so jealous. We were jumping up and down here at the house! Go Cougs!!!!

Amber said...

We were wishing we were there too! It was such a fun game to watch.

~*Alina*~ said...

I am so jealous you were there!!!! People her don't even know! and they couldn't understand what the big deal was about.

Christina Bassi said...

How fun! That was a great game! I can't believe we won! We're jealous! :)

Asherbie said...

Just a side note, Kyra: You seriously have the BEST playlist I've heard. Every song makes me happy. :) Thank you for that.

Kandis & Derek said...

Go Utes! :)