Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Movies Top 10

Tonight our Christmas Advent Calander activity was to list our top 10 Christmas movies. We agreed on the placing on most of the movies, but when we sure butted heads on a few. Mark suggested that we make 2 "Top 10" lists, but I insisted we do it the hard way and make one list. After much debate and a little compromise, here is our list:

10. Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It's just a classic. How many years do you remember watching this on TV? Heck, we still do it now!

9. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Once again, another classic. My personal favorite character was the elf that wanted to be a dentist.

8. Polar Express. Great animation, great story, great narration by Tom Hanks...

7. Elf. "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR."

5. Mickey's Christmas Carol. It's Mickey. What more can we say?

5. The Muppet's Christmas Carol. Gonzo and Rizzo really spice this one up.
(Yes, there are two number 5's. We debated about which Christmas Carol version was better, and finally decided that they can tie.)

4. Holiday Inn. Bing and Fred are the best ever!

3. Miracle on 34th Street. Pick either the new or old version. We love being reminded that there is sometimes, we just need to believe in Santa Clause.

2. Home Alone. So many memorable quotes: "Kevin, your such a disease!" "Look what you did, you little jerk." "Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubish! You better come out and stop me!"

1. It's a Wonderful Life. Jimmy Stewart. A reminder that no matter how bad things are, they may be worse without you. It really is a wonderful life.

What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?

5 comments:

~*Alina*~ said...

christmas in connecticut! the old one with barbara stanwyck! so fantastic.

amb said...

White Christmas!! I love that one! Can't have Christmas without watching that one!!

Lisa Marie said...

WHAT!? How can you not have "A Christmas Story" on your top 10? It's a travis-sham-mockery!

Lacey Sue said...

Fabulous list...I've watched them all MANY times. My only correction... my #1 IS the Muppets Christmas carol..I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!

Kandis & Derek said...

What about "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas Vacation"?? Both more on the funny side then the true spirit of Christmas but classics none the less. Miss you! Give your cute baby girl a big kiss for me!