As Valentine's Day has fallen on Sunday this year, I've been doing some thinking about love on an eternal scale.
First, I have been thinking about the love the Savior has for all of us. He came and died for each of us, and as the scripture says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." As I sat in the temple this week, thinking on this, I thought about how just coming and dying was not enough. He had to die in the most savage and brutal way possible. As I pondered on why this would be, this scripture came to mind, "The Son of Man that descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?" The Savior truly descended below all men to save them. What a wonderful gift to remember on Valentine's Day.
Second, I have been impressed with the story of Adam and Eve. Adam's mission was truly important, as he chose a spiritual death by partaking of the forbidden fruit so that we might have life (see this scripture). Not only that, but his marriage to Eve was of such importance, that when she partook of the fruit, Adam did as well. Getting a new woman to be with him in the Garden while Eve was cast out was not an option. What a great example of the commitment of an eternal marriage.
Finally, I am extremely grateful for the love of a wonderful husband. I am thankful for the righteous and kind man that he is. He tells me that he loves me everyday in the many things that he does. I am thankful for my sweet little girl and the whole new meaning of love that she has brought into our lives.
Happy Valentine's Day to my sweethearts!
Utah 2017, part 3
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment