Brielle seems to be training for a career as a stunt woman. This week she has managed to:
Eat a fly. See earlier post.
Crawl out of her crib. Don't ask me how she did it; I still can't figure it out. At 6:30 Monday morning, we heard a big thump followed by Brielle wailing. We rushed upstairs. Mark was faster than me, and beat me to her room. He came out carrying Brielle and told me, "She was on the floor." Somehow she had managed to get over the top of her crib and drop to the floor. Luckily, no bumps or bruises.
Fall down the stairs. First, I guess we should say that she learned to climb the stairs. She crawls up the first four stairs and that's as far as she gets. She was only on the second stair, so thankfully she didn't have far to fall.
Split her lip. Two minutes after she fell down the stairs, she was playing in the kitchen. In her attempt to grab the hand towel from the stove handle, she lost her balance, fell against the vent at the bottom of the stove, scraped her top gum up and split her lip. I about fainted when I saw all that blood gushing from her mouth. It ended up looking worse that it actually was.
Where was I for all these accidents you ask? I promise that I'm an attentive mother, and I wasn't more than a few feet away for most of these. She's just too fast for me to catch all the time!
Utah 2017, part 3
9 years ago

3 comments:
Once babies learn to get around on their own, there is no stopping them getting injured. Real Mothers can't prevent all their children's accidents. We had to take our baby to the emergency room a couple weeks ago for some second degree burns on her fingers.
once their mobile- there is NO stopping them!! Never allow yourself to feel guilt...you can't stop everything...it took me a long time to figure that out! She is a tough cookie and is learning the ropes, I will keep you in my prayers that she doesn't get much crazier :)!
Welcome to Motherhood! No matter how much baby proofing you do, they seem to always find a way. Jaron is not yet mobile and I am perfectly content with him taking his time :)
Post a Comment