Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried playdough doesn't come out of shag carpets.
Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask "why me?" and get their answer when a little voice says,
"because I love you best".
Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measure by height or years or grade . . .
it is marked by the progression of Mama to Mommy to Mom.
I read this yesterday, and felt so much better about the piles of laundry on the floor, my kitchen floor that desperately needs to be mopped, and the toys scattered all over my house. It means that my child is happy! I'm thankful to be a mom, and doubly thankful for a mom who taught and loved me. Happy Mother's Day!
Utah 2017, part 3
9 years ago
1 comment:
I LOVE THIS! Everything down to the kitchen utensils in the sand box and the sticky floors is my life right now. I am so backed up on laundry it's not even funny. I wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment