Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goodbye Houston

My house looks like this:


In a few hours we will be heading to a new life in a new city with new friends to meet.  And while I'm excited, I'm also very sad.  I'm sad to leave our first house.  I'm sad to leave such wonderful people; neighbors who let us use their freezer to store our freezer jam because I can't bear to throw it away.  Neighbors who knock on the door and offer to take Brielle for a walk around the block because we're packing and she's pulling all the inventory stickers off the boxes.  Neighbors who not only have us over for dinner because we have no food, but go the extra mile and make my husband a birthday cake because all my cake pans are in boxes.  Amazing visiting teachers who organize an army of women to help clean my house because all of my cleaning supplies are at the new house.  Friends who plan a going-away party for us and give us a Louisiana care package to help us feel at home in our new home.

I don't know how we got so lucky to find a neighborhood and ward full of such wonderful people.  I don't think it was luck at all.  The Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure.  To all of our wonderful friends and neighbors, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  We have treasured our association and friendship with all of you.  You are the salt of the earth and we will miss you dearly.

Love, the Herbsts

6 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

So sad that you have to move! I'm sure you'll love Louisiana. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Charlotte and Matt said...

I can't believe you're moving. I guess I can, cause we left our first house a year ago. Good luck in BR. I love the videos of Brielle on Christmas. SO funny!

Lacey Sue said...

Good luck Ky-Ky...enjoy this new adventure!! Hope your family is safe and happy as you go through the move!

Unknown said...

Ky! I almost cry reading how wonderful your neighbors have been. But, you are such wonderful people, you attract wonderful people to you. Best of luck in your new adventure.

Christina Bassi said...

Good luck on your move! Where are you guys moving in Louisiana? Will you be close to the Hickmans?

Natalie said...

Kyra:

It Natalie (perkins) Fawson. I wandered onto your blog from Lacey's. I just wanted to tell you my oldest daughters name is Brielle. I thought it was so fun we both have cute little Brielle's. It looks like you guys are doing fantastic. Good luck on your move to Louisiana.