Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baton Rouge, We Have Arrived!

Here's a glimpse into our new home:


 Kitchen

Eating Area

 Family Room

 Built In a.k.a. the bane of our existence.  It was made to put a TV in, but ours doesn't fit.  Therefore, we have a bit empty cabinet, and I'm at a loss as to what to put on the shelves.  Any suggestions?

The Dining Area, converted into our TV area because of afore-mentioned problem.

Another view of the TV room

 
Bathroom

Playroom


Office/Guest Bedroom.  The dark blue color came from this source of inspiration:

Believe it or not, the colors in the two pictures are the same.  For some reason, it's not working for me.  Maybe a lack of pictures on the walls?  Once again, and suggestions are much appreciated.



16 comments:

Amber said...

It looks so good! I'm sorry about your built-in dilemma, but I really think the TV looks good where you have it.
And I love the playroom--that rocking horse is awesome.
I'm glad you're getting settled.

Charlotte and Matt said...

So cute!! You should post a picture of the outside. I really appreciated your comments on what you do to keep Brielle busy. It's nice to know that other moms feel the same.

Jalei & Lane said...

Your new place looks so nice! I love it!

The Rowes said...

Your house is so nice. I especially love your kitchen! About your built in entertainment center, add an extra shelf in the middle (where the tv should go) and make it a bookshelf. Good luck with finishing getting settled. Do you live near the Hickmans?

Melanie said...

What a beautiful home! You did a good job with it! I like heather's idea of a bookshelf. Find a used book store and buy some old fashioned looking books. I am glad you are going good.

Matt and Erin said...

Love your place! Hope you are liking Louisianna. I like the idea of a bookshelf, or you could buy a few of those really big decorative vases or pottery for the bottom section. In the top section you could maybe put a pretty big clock, a decorative treasure chest looking thing (sound weird, but I bet you know what I mean).

Lisa Marie said...

The bookshelf idea is a good one. I was going to suggest just taking it out completely. Then you can make that room your TV room, which is probably what you really want to do. You can match the paint at any paint store.

Asherbie said...

Kyra! We miss you! But what a beautiful home. So happy you're getting settled. Oh and for the potential bookshelf, add some black and white or sepia family pics. Darling style you have, girl.

Unknown said...

Ky! I love it! I think it looks so good already, and I wish I could offer suggestions but I am on help in the decorating area. I hope you love your home, your neighborhood, and everything else!

amb said...

LOVE it! It looks great! I'm glad you got all moved in and settled. :)

Jared said...

Love the kitchen! And you're right, I LOVE your entertainment center. It's fun having you here. Once I get Greyson on a better schedule we should do more play dates with Lex and Brielle. We can show you some of our favorite spots!

Kandis & Derek said...

Look how settled in you are already! Good work. And it looks great!!

Meag said...

Love your house, especially love that I got to see it in person! We loved playing with you & Brielle the other day and are so glad we'll still get to you from time to time :)

Cameron and Nonie said...

Looks fantastic! You could always cover the back of the entertainment with some pretty paper/material/wallpaper to make it pop out and then decorate the inside. Good luck with that, it's really not my specialty.

Des said...

I love your new house! My favorite is the kitchen I think....its beautiful!! And as for the blue wall....pictures would probably make a big difference, or maybe like a mirror or something. But I love it, and we miss you

Kristalyn said...

I love your house! You have great taste in decorating too. It sounds like you are getting settled in and enjoying things. What an adventure! I know you'll make friends fast. Next time you are in Utah, I would love to meet up with you!