We were invited to our very first crawfish boil. I must admit that I am not a big crustacean person. I don't like seeing dead things in the same state they were in when they were alive. The eyes, the legs, the antannae... YUCK. But, crawfish is a Louisiana experience, and I was determined to have it. So I braved it all, cracked that crawfish open, and ate it. Cracking the crawfish open was gross. But the meat was good. I don't think I'll be holding my own crawfish boil anytime soon, and I won't be ordering any at a restaurant (boiled at least), but if I'm invited to a crawfish boil again, I'll go. Brielle loved the crawfish too. She wanted to play with the ones we'd already cracked open. Sick. But it was a fun time.
Brielle and Daddy with the crawfish. Brielle was really interested in them. Look at that face as she checks it out. Priceless!
1 comment:
Crawfish boils ARE an experience. My sister used to live in Louisiana, so I'm lucky enough to have experienced it once. And once was enough for me.
Post a Comment