On the wagon, ready to go
Camels
Brielle loved throwing out the food.
Watching the deer.
A Rhea bird
A longhorn. Nice to have a little Texas flavor.
Zebras. They were a bit mean, but awesome.
After the Wildlife Center, we headed to a Strawberry Festival in Ponchatoula. It's supposed to be the biggest strawberry festival in the state. And they weren't kidding. I have never seen so many people in one place before. You couldn't even move down the street. We fought our way through the crowds to try strawberry smoothies, strawberry daquiris (virgin, of course), strawberry begniets, and chocolate covered strawberries. All were so yummy. Brielles' favorite was the strawberry daquiri, which she called her "strawberry juice". After we had stuffed our faces, we took Brielle on the carousel.
We sure do love Louisiana!








2 comments:
How awesome is that wildlife preserve?!
Awesome that y'all went to a Strawberry Festival--in all my years living in Louisiana, I never went to one!
Looks like you are finding fun adventures everywhere, I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!!
Post a Comment