Are we awesome? Or are we AWESOME?
(Brielle's comment, "Hey, mommies don't wear mustaches. Only fancy guys do!")
Serving in Young Women has been a wonderful experience for me. The girls have reminded me how it feels to be a teenager again, and I love learning from them. They have truly been a blessing in my life.
I didn't get many pictures of girls camp. I was too busy having a blast! It was so fun - spending a few days at the beach and getting to know the girls from our stake. I was with the 2nd year campers, and they quickly caught me up on the latest dances. Who was doing The Wobble at 11:00 p.m.? That was us! I didn't realize how much the dance scene has changed since I was a teenager. I have so much to learn...
However, I did get some pictures of some of the amazing crafts the girls did, including this jar, which held a tea light. We placed them all around during our testimony meeting at the beach. It made for perfect ambience:
The girls also had some workshops. This one was about building a testimony. The girls made a handprint to remind them of the 5 elements of a testimony. Then they wrote their testimonies on their hands. I thought they turned out cool.
And then came skit night. Our girls did a skit, written by one of our Beehives. Did I mention that the girls in my ward are AMAZING? I really thought their skit was one of the best - well thought out and well written. It even had an original song!
I love having great spiritual experiences with "my" girls. These girls are strong and deep. Their testimonies are deeply rooted at such a young age, and they work so hard to keep their standards high. We have wonderful Sunday lessons and weekly mutuals. Oh yeah, and we have a TON of fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment