Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Furniture

I'm so excited! After 2 years of no bedroom furniture, we finally got some! When we first got married, we had a little one-bedroom apartment, so there was really no room for a lot of furniture. Then when we moved to Houston, we decided we would wait until we bought a house to get a bedroom set. We looked for a long time, but finally found the set we liked. It's so funny how things look smaller in the showroom. When they brought in the furniture I was really worried that it would be way to big for the room, but it ended up being just fine. Here are some pics of our new bedroom!

The bed and nightstands.

Yes, that is our queen bed on our king bedframe (totally ghetto, I know). We're working on the mattress part. The problem is that Mark is totally picky with his mattresses. 2 weeks after we bought the queen mattress, he hated it and felt like it wasn't supporting his body when he slept. Last night, though, we found out how much difference a bedframe can make. It felt like we were sleeping on a whole new mattress! I think that's the soundest the both of us have slept in a long time. I don't think the basic queen frame we were using was doing much good. We jimmy-rigged the king frame by putting a couple of pieces of plywood down to better support the weight of the queen mattress (since it doesn't reach all the way to the sides of the frame). It worked like a charm, although Mark did get a battle wound while handling the plywood. Biggest sliver I've ever seen!


The Dresser

Another view of the bed and a better view of the nightstands

8 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Love it! You guys have great style!

Jalei & Lane said...

I love everything!

Asherbie said...

So classy, I love it! I wanna come see it to get the full effect!

Amber said...

Ooh, it looks so good! I love it. And that's so interesting about how you like your bed better on the nicer frame--I didn't even think about that. Very very nice!

Stacy said...

Looks great!

Lacey Sue said...

SO jealous...it's gorgeous!!!

amb said...

LOVE it!! That pretty much sums it up...LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks fantastic!! Find more Modern Retro Furniture from Casamodern.