Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

Our sweet baby Brielle Anne Herbst made her debut into the world this morning!

It all started around 9:00 last night, when after going out for yummy pumpkin shakes, Mark made me laugh, which made my water break. Woops! So, we were off to the hospital. By the time we got there, my contractions were 5-8 minutes apart. They hooked me up to the IV and waited for my contractions to get stronger. We didn't have to wait too long, and I was uncomfortable enough to ask for the epidural. Just a little plug for epidurals: I LOVE them. It made my life so much more comfortable.

At around 7:30 this morning, I was fully dialated, so we started pushing. We pushed for an hour and a half, with no success. The baby was just not moving down like she should. Her heart rate started dropping dramatically with each contraction, so the doctor decided it was best to do a C-section. I wasn't thrilled, but I was concerned about the baby. So, they got me ready, wheeled me into surgery, and baby Brielle entered the world at 10:00 this morning. She weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. She is so precious! It was such a great experience for both Mark and I. I have never felt so close to the Lord as the moment she was born and I heard her cry.

In the few short hours we have spent with her today, here are some things we have already discovered about our baby girl:

1. She has just a little bit of dark brown hair covering her little head.
2. Her beautiful eyes and long feet come from Mark.
3. Her long fingers and long legs come from me.
4. We're not sure yet just who she got her cute little nose from.
5. She is very alert and is very good at finding her fists to suck on.
6. She doesn't like her fists to be wrapped up. She has to have them near her mouth.
7. She doesn't like having her diaper changed or being chilly at all.
8. She hardly ever cries, and is a healthy eater!

Welcome to the world, Brielle! Your daddy and mommy are so happy that you have come to our home, that our Heavenly Father has entrusted you to us. We're so lucky to have such a sweet little girl!!

14 comments:

amb said...

So cute! Congratulations again. I am so excited for you and Mark. That is so fun that she is here now!! I can't wait to see her!

Asherbie said...

Kyra congratulations! She is precious and you guys are such troopers! I can't wait to meet her. Hang in there and let me know what I can do to help, PLEASE.

Shay Lee said...

This post made me cry. I remeber so well the surreal feeling of hearing Harlee cry for the first time, and how close I felt to the spirit those first few weeks of having a brand new baby. Incredible. Congratulations and have fun!!

~*Alina*~ said...

COngrats Kyra and Mark! She is beautiful! My friend sitting next to me says congratulations too and he thinks that you look great for having just given birth, Kyra.

Kandis & Derek said...

Oh my she is absolutely precious! I'm glad everything went ok and she is here and healthy. Congratulations!

Lacey Sue said...

I know i posted on your FB already...but I had to here as well :) She is completely perfect Ky! Beautiful, heavenly, gorgeous...just like her mommy!! Congrats to you and Mark!!! Take care, rest often, and enjoy her!

Charlotte and Matt said...

She is so beautiful! Bummer deal about the C-section. It would have been nice to know that that was how it was gonna play out so you could have skipped the hours and hours of labor and pushing and just cut to the chase. Oh well. I'm sure that you're just so happy to have her here safely. It gets better and better every day!!!

Ariel said...

Congratulations, Kyra. She is so beautiful. I'm glad that you didn't have to wait through the last couple of weeks because they are the worst. Can't wait to see little Brielle!

Jalei & Lane said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so precious!

Stacy said...

She is beautiful! I know what you are saying about the special feeling of the veil being so thin when your baby is born! It's one of my very favorite things!

PS - I've always been scared for my water to break while I'm out and about, but you make it sound like no big deal! Maybe I'll be able to not worry so much if we decided to have another one someday! :)

Cody said...

She is a cutie! I can't wait to see her and hold her. It was so fun to talk to you the other day. Congrats again to you and Mark.....you guys are going to be aWeSomE parents!!!

Chase and Krissy said...

Congratulations! I know c-sections can be rough. Enjoy getting to know your little Brielle :-)

Lisa Marie said...

Congratulations!!!! So exciting. She's beautiful.

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! She is so beautiful and what a beautiful name! I glad everything went well for you guys even though you had to have an emergency c-section. Congrats again! :)