Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick Trip

Mark's Grandpa Jacobson passed away last week after a long battle with cancer.  We had just been to Utah for a ski trip, so we had decided that just Mark would go up for the funeral.  Well, finding flights was a huge problem, because they were all sold out!   Mark finally found a flight there, but he wouldn't be able to come back until 4 days later.  Not wanting to be left behind for that long, Brielle and I went along.

The funeral was nice, and I'm so glad that I went with Mark.  I haven't really met the Jacobson side of the family, so it was really neat to see where Mark comes from in that sense.  It really helped me understand a lot more about him in certain aspects.  He really comes from a great family on both sides.

One of the best things about our trip is that Brielle got to see her cousin Owen.  Owen is only 6 weeks younger than Brielle, and they had a great time together.  I think they will always be special cousins.

Owen and Brielle with Grandpa Herbst

Un-tying Great-Grandma Herbst's Shoes.  Now all she needs to do is learn how to tie them together....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How cute is your daughter!! I am glad you were able to go with Mark. Hey, I sent Mark an email about visiting teachign you on Sunday. let me know what you think.

amb said...

I'm glad you were able to go and learn more about his family.