Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Success

We planted a garden this spring.  And it has been a struggle keeping it alive.  We can't figure out if we're not watering enough or watering too much.  Every time one of our plants flowers, the flower drops off a few days later.  They start looking yellow and then the leaves start to wilt in the heat.  We were starting to lose hope.  Until...


Yes, friends, that is a tomato.  It may be the only tomato we get, but hey, I count it as SUCCESS.  I think I'll name him...  Timmy.

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

CONGRATS!! It's a good lookin' tomato!!

Fernando said...

How long has it taken for the tomato to grow? Our tomato plant is growing rather quickly, but I'm not sure if we'll see anything this summer...

Diane said...

It's beautiful. I was just looking at our garden today anticipating the day when I could actually take a picture of our first vegetable. So far our tomato plant is HUGE, but unfortunately, no tomato.

Amber Holdaway said...

I can't wait to have a garden!!! What kind of dirt did you plant it in? I only ask because sometimes the heat of the dirt can be too hot for the plant. Some mulch and fertilizers are too hot and don't let the plants grow fruit. Just an idea. I hope little timmy gets big and juicy for you!!