Monday, February 27, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Day started out a bit hectic.  I love having Christmas on Sunday because we get to go to church and focus on the reason for the season.  But it doesn't leave much time for present exploration.  It's especially a bummer for toddlers.  We had a quick look at our stockings before church and left the presents for after.

Brielle wanted a kitchen for Christmas.  She talked about it for months.  So, I put in a special order to Santa Clause in Grantsville for a custom-made kitchen.  It's great when you know one of Santa's Elves personally (Go DAD!).  The kitchen was made and shipped and... LOST.  It was scheduled to be delivered on Dec. 23.  On Dec. 24 the online status said it wouldn't be delivered until Dec.27.  WHAT?  I was a pretty big basket case.  So, Santa left a note saying that there wasn't enough room in the sleigh for the kitchen and that he would be sending it in the mail.  Brie was fine with it.  Apparently "kitchen" in her 2-year-old mind meant "all the food that you can play with in the kitchen".  If only I had known that earlier.  I would have been saved from some serious stress.  Sheesh.  Oh well, it all worked out. 

Here's a video of  opening present.  Brielle's favorite part was sticking the bows in her hair.  Silly.



Here's a shot of her cute Christmas dress:

No comments: