One of my favorite people in the whole world called me last month. My friend Amber. We became friends in high school. Then we roomed together for a year at SUU. And we became friends for life. Amber and I have done some crazy things together - lived for a week with no power or hot water, slid down stairs in laundry baskets, made awkward conversations with boys for laughs, and pulled practical jokes on our FHE brothers just to name a few. She is one person that helps me see the lighter side of life and gets me to let all my worries go just for a little bit. She had some time off and wanted to come see me. BOO YAH! I was so excited! I knew we would have a blast. And we did. I didn't get many pictures because we were having too much fun, but I got a few when we went to New Orleans. I've visited NOLA a few times, but that was by far my funnest visit. Thanks Amb, for a wonderful few days!
Trying on Mardi Gras Masks
Getting pictures of this awesome band. Real life Soggy Bottom Boys!
Stopped in at Sucre for their AMAZING gelato. This is the best bakery ever. Good thing I have to drive all the way to NOLA for it. Otherwise, I'd get fat.
Look at that beautiful king cake. Yes, the frosting is glittery. YUM.
We also got some video from NOLA. The street performances are so fun to watch. The last video was taken at a restaurant in Baton Rouge called Boudins. They have authentic cajun food and music. So fun!
1 comment:
It was soooooo much fun!! Thanks again for letting me come. I had a blast. Seriously...real life Soggy Bottom Boys. My dad loved it. ;)
Post a Comment