Monday, August 3, 2009

30 Weeks

Friday I had my 30 week check-up. Everything is going well. Hard to believe that we only have 9 weeks left! Time has just flown by. I remember thinking at 20 weeks, that 20 more weeks was so long to wait, but 11 of those weeks have whizzed right on by. Here's what's going on:

*I've gained 13 pounds in the last 11 weeks. I blame it on the ice cream, cupcakes, and candy I've been craving lately.

*The baby is more active than ever. She wouldn't even hold still long enough for the nurse to get her heartbeat. As soon as the nurse would find it, the baby would move. She's quite a little teaser like that.

*The baby has discovered that my ribs make a comfortable resting place for her feet, and my bladder makes a nice little punching bag. I, however, don't think that either of these is a good idea.

*I'm feeling the heat a lot more keenly now. Thank goodness for air conditioning, the pool, and popsicles. I have a feeling that August will not be a pleasant month.

*I'm having fun planning the nursery. The furniture and bedding are in place, now we just need to paint, decorate the walls, and we're ready!

2 comments:

Kandis & Derek said...

Wow only 9 weeks! Ready or not here she comes! You are going to be the cutest parents. Have you picked a name yet?

Ariel said...

Hi, Kyra--I found you back! I can't believe how many people we both know. Sharon and I became friends when she was in my ward in North Carolina several years ago. Hope all is well for you as you head into the home stretch!